Friday, March 06, 2009

Impasse

Always there and not there

So prominent and noticeable

and yet mingled and mashed with the background

Looking out when there's nothing to look out to

It's all shrouded, engulfed in the misery of the fog

and whatever I have is within feet

The rest is water – inviting –

so ready to drown me.


Guilt and exaggerated emotions

the Karma keeps coming back

in daunting circles.

This may be fickle and trifling

and I don’t know if I can spend days floating

I would start to flail and eventually drown

and not once would you know of my sinking

not once would I call for help…


Don’t bother being the middleman in the see-saw

and keep knocking into her arms then mine

depending which side goes in the air

and which side can weigh your emotions down

I don't want to play that game

I don't want to go back to those murky depths

of blood-filled water, slit veins and upturned eyes

Oh those intrusions – the universe of coaxed

confessions.


Photo copyright: Mark Stacey

1 comment:

A random thinker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.